- Putting Your Pinterest Addiction to Good Use as a Photography Student
June 28, 2013 •
You are addicted to Pinterest. Itâs OK, because youâre not alone. There are many people at this very moment trying to figure out how to leverage Pinterest for their career, education or life in general. By using Pinterest strategically, you can justify the hours you spend pinning on your phone or laptop.
- 5 Contemporary Female Filmmakers
June 24, 2013 •
Traditionally, filmmaking has been dominated by male directors, producers and writers. However, times are changing â many of the most memorable films of the last decade can be attributed to female filmmakers.
- How 1970s and 1980s Film Innovation is Still Impacting the Industry Today
June 24, 2013 •
American filmmaking is constantly changing. In our decade alone, it has been impacted by HD, Blu-Ray and Ultra-Violet technology. However, earlier innovations are still competing with â and working with â these new technologies.
- Brooks Institute to Consolidate Santa Barbara Campuses into Ventura Location
June 18, 2013 •
The Brooks Institute will begin a multi-year process of moving operations from its two Santa Barbara campuses to its existing location in Ventura â a former motion picture studio located on eight acres.
- Unpacking the Four Basic Categories of Photography: Creative, Retail, Personal and Editorial
June 11, 2013 •
David A. Larsen, a photographer and journalist writing for the Shutha project, argues that identifying photographic genres is an incredibly difficult process. But, it is an essential one, as "having an overall understanding of the types or genres of photography is important for understanding where your own photography fits in the photographic world.â