- Brooks Institute Welcomes Renowned Studio Executive, Director and Producer Chuck Braverman as Film Program Chair
January 31, 2013 •
We are proud and excited to welcome Chuck Braverman, an award-winning documentary film maker, director and studio executive, as the new program chair for the Brooks Institute film department. In his role, Braverman will not only lead the film program but also develop a strategic direction for its future. Braverman’s professional experience is extensive. [...]
- Brooks Pro Tip: How to Take Portraits on Location
January 30, 2013 •
Finding the "rightâ light can be one of the most important parts of taking a really beautiful portrait on location. But where do you look?
- New at Brooks: Beauty and Glamour Photography Class
January 28, 2013 •
Get a glimpse inside of the newest classes in Brooks Institute's Professional Photography program.
- Brooks Pro Tip: How to Approach Long-Duration Exposures (B/W Film Doesn't Have Noise!)
January 22, 2013 •
With digital capture, longer exposures always result in an increase in noise. Black and white film doesnât have noise, and for long exposures, it is a wonderful tool to use.
- VIDEO: Beyond Portraiture: Photographer Joyce Wilson on Alternative Processes
January 9, 2013 •
Fine art photographer and Brooks instructor Joyce Wilson discusses her Beyond Portraiture class, which moves beyond technical instruction to delve in alternative processes and creativity.