Keep up to date on everything related to Brooks Institute’s academic community, events taking place on campus, and other news related to the school and our programs with the Brooks Blog.
- 5 Common Photoshop Mistakes and How To Correct Them
Think you know Adobe Photoshop? Both pros and those new to the software can improve their skills by watching out for common mistakes that can slow you down, interrupt your work flow and impede your creativity.
- Photography Work Experience: Is Shooting For Free Worth It?
When establishing yourself as a photographer, it's tempting to shoot for free to gain valuable real world photography work experience and get your name out there.
- Photography and Social Media: Understanding the Basics
Since the Internet is such a visual medium, it's no surprise that photography and social media go together like bacon and eggs.
- Understanding the Bokeh Effect and How to Use It
With all the time and effort you spend making sure your subject is framed, exposed and focused correctly, it can be easy to forget about what the background looks like.
- Creative Photography: 6 New Ways to Photograph Winter
As flower gardens and green fields go into hibernation, learning how to photograph changing landscapes poses several questions.
- Are You Using Your Wide Angle Lens Correctly?
They're short, lightweight and often a photographer's go-to lens. But the way you use a wide angle lens can do more harm than good to your images.